The Ephesus School Improvement Team (SIT) is a
state-mandated organization made up of elected Ephesus staff and parents. Our
purpose is to "develop a school improvement plan to strengthen student
performance". In addition to the
development of the School Improvement Plan, the SIT also:
- approves the annual
capital and operational budget requests to the district and school board.
- serves as
counsel to the district and the school board.
- functions as an
advisory group to the principal and may provide input on issues such as
school climate, safety, programs, and philosophy.
- solicits input
from our school community and hears concerns of our constituents about
The SIT cannot endorse political candidates,
but can advocate for Ephesus at a local, state, and national level.
All meetings are open to the public. There
is a public comment portion of each at the beginning of the agenda.
2016-17 SIT members
- Victoria Creamer, principal
- Kim Ellison, teaching assistant (co-chair)
- Dave Hunter, parent
- Lisa Kaylie, parent (co-chair)
- Leslie Kelley, parent
- Lola Martin, parent
- Kathy Neff, teacher
- Caroline Nisbet, teacher
- Casey Robertson, parent
- Ashley Sherman, support staff
- Danielle Sutton, assistant principal
2016-17 meeting dates
* minutes are linked following approval
In addition to regular updates, the topics listed will be discussed at each meeting.
- September 22, 2016
- October 13, 2016 - beginning of year (BOY) assessment data
- November 10, 2016 - digital learning environments
- December 15, 2016 - Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) and Restorative practices
- January 12, 2017 - combined meeting with PTA to discuss the campus plan
- February 16, 2017 - middle of year (MOY) assessment data
- March 16, 2017 - math instruction
- April 13, 2017 - planning for end of year (EOY) assessments
- May 25, 2017 - SIT member transition meeting